Thursday, September 18, 2014

Too Cool for School

Well, we are back to school and schedules and dance class and Girl Scouts and our nice normal life. Okay maybe not that normal but chaos is not necessarily the enemy at our house. We balance and juggle and tumble and giggle through it daily.  The typical day starts at 6:30 a.m. and has H out the door for the bus by 7:30.  Joel gets ready for work and while he is getting lunch packed and eating breakfast, I'm showering for a hard day in the office -- my home office that is - still can't get over how awesome that really is.  He kisses me and heads off for the day and I grab breakfast and head to the computer to start my day. I break for lunch at 1 p.m. and then the tricky crazy part of the day begins. 2 days a week I have to pick H up at school cause she has early dance classes and needs to get home, change eat something and then she is off to dance class. She dances 4 days a week. 1 day a week she have 5 hours of class and then homework when she gets home. She eats before and after and is beat on that day but she is pretty disciplined about getting homework done at school or while eating before or after dance. Then the other 3 days she has more holes for homework between all that pirroutting and such. Twice a month she has Girl Scouts. And shortly, school activities will begin too and she will be doing theater again which is when things get really crazy.

Thing is as crazy as all that is, we manage it pretty easily. Days fly by and sometimes I wish I didn't have to run crazy around town dropping picking dropping picking all afternoon, but when I see how hard she works to get the schoolwork done between it and how determined she is to be a good student and a good dancer, I'm pretty proud. She's growing into a lovely human being who can dance pretty well too.

My one hope is that she doesn't fall in love with another activity cause I'm pretty sure we have no more room in this crazy tight schedule.

No comments: